Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2016

Blossom by the Lake - Shoshi Rimer

The quilt below is Shoshi's work which was selected for the SAQA Tranquillity Exhibition - well done, Shoshi

Creative concept
In my work I was trying to depict a moment of serenity I felt while walking by the lake in Birmingham, UK. It was so remote from the hectic life I have in my country. By using calm colors fabrics I tried to pass this feeling to the viewer.

Artist’s statement
Our World is full of violence and sadness. The silence around the lake provides a dimension of sanity and peace.

Materials and Techniques
Commercial cotton fabrics, Polyester batting, cotton, rayon and metallic threads
Fussing, Appliqué, paint embellishment, machine free motion quilting.


Shoshi Rimer
Bat-Yam, Israel
www.shoshir.co.il

No comments:

Post a Comment