Pages

Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Grand Gallery of SAQA Europe/Middle East's Contributions to the 2014 Benefit Auction

Brigitte Kopp (Germany)

In Town II 

The movement of People in the city – scatting, lingering, pottering, with each other or without noticing the others - this fascinates me.

I often make a small trail version for a bigger quilt. This piece I made for my quilt 'In Town', which was excepted for EAQ VII.  For the auction I cut it into the requested size. 

It's made out of selfpainted and white satin silk an an old silk ti, in my own technique of inserted ropes, for giving the coulured parts a three demensional structure. The little persons are free motion machine quilted. I stich them without any tracing (Vorzeichnung) with a spring needle (Federnadel) ,  mostly looking on my sketches I use to attach to the wall behind my sewing machine.



This quilt will be in section 1 of the Benefit Auction, beginning on Sept. 15 th. Help support SAQA, and build your art quilt collection by bidding often!

2 comments:

  1. I like how you used lighter threads to go back into the distance.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. A real people watcher's piece. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete