Pages

Friday, July 18, 2014

This is SAQA Europe/Middle East: Switzerland

Cäcilia Arnold

Growing up in rural Switzerland in a family and environment where politics have been discussed from an early age has made nature, social and political issues vital to my work as an art quilter. The possiblity of expressing concerns and feelings that art quilting offers, as well as taking a stand, has led me to this form of art. I enjoy  the tactility and versatility of the materials and the warmth of textiles.

Gräser (Reeds)


I have a background as a textile craft teacher , which is very helpful for me to be able to perform this art, both on a technical level and in this variety. 

Maroni, Brot der Armen (Edible chestnuts, bread of the poor)

Lately I have also gone back to doing more  traditonal craft like knitting and crochet, as well as felting and embrodery. The meditative quality of working in these techniques does have an effect of slowing down - becoming calm. Which is a quality of life I explore more often nowadays with clients in my day job as occupational therapist.

Porto Lampedusa

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cäcilia,
    Nice to meet you.
    I think the images you show have a meditative and calm quality. Lovely.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely to meet you Cacillia.

    ReplyDelete