Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

In memoriam Lutgard Gerber-Billiau

Lutgard Gerber-Billiau


With heavy hearts and loving memories, members yesterday unfolded and hung Lutgard's quilts for Q.Art Belgium’s exhibition in Essen, Belgium. Lutgard’s long struggle with cancer is over. Leading the Belgian National Guild as President for many years and long-time SAQA member, Lutgard was also a founding member of Q.Art Belgium 16 years ago. We miss our colleague & caring, warm friend so very much. We hope our exhibition will be a tribute to a wonderful woman, a fine artist and a great friend. Our condolences, thoughts and prayers are with her family.


A view into Q.Art's exhibition in Essen (Belgium)

Linda Colsh, Belgium

Lutgard was the moderator of SAQA's regional yahoo-group for several years, which she only gave up a few weeks ago. Our grateful thoughts and wishes are extended to her family in this sad time.

Uta Lenk, co-rep Europe/Middle East

3 comments:

  1. I'm in shock. I didn't know anything about this, never suspected Lutgard was ill. I met her a few times in Ste Marie, and I loved her work. I'm not even sure how this blog page came to be open in my browser - just suddenly came across it.
    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I managed to miss the announcement on the SAQA Yahoo group that Lutgard had passed away. I knew she had been fighting cancer as she shared some with me when I was diagnosed. I hadn't realized that she was not doing well. I will miss her posts and her beautiful, colourful work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was unaware that she had died, although I knew she had not come to FOQ because of illness, I did not know it was a serious one. I have only come to read this by Googling her name when the notice from her husband came through the Dyers List.

    This is very sad news. She was a lovely lady to know. Please if any of the ladies from Belgium knew her family will you pass on my regrets and sadness at their loss?

    I have put a message on the Yahoo regional group because I have heard nothing from SAQA at all about this and others will wish to know the news.
    Sandy in the UK

    ReplyDelete